End of Tenancy Cleaning Charge
If you are wondering “How much End of tenancy cleaning costs?” read this article.
Usually, the calculation of the price is based on the number and size of the rooms. However, some companies charge differently or offer an hourly based service. Also, have in mind that the price might change if your property is not maintained very well.
Actually, you should leave the property clean and tidy at the end of your tenancy. You shouldn’t normally have to pay extra to make it cleaner than it was before you moved in. Moreover, you may lose your deposit if you do not clean professionally your property. Some of the additional charges that may reflect on the tenancy cleaning price:
- Carpet cleaning
- Upholstery cleaning
- Exterior window cleaning
- Wall spot cleaning
- Blinds cleaning
First of all, check your tenancy agreement. If it says that you must have the carpets and the upholstered furniture professionally cleaned before you move out, you should do this. Otherwise, you might not receive your deposit in full. Normally carpet cleaning and upholstery cleaning are additional cost and many companies give a great discount on booking them together with your check out cleaning.
Another service that can come on top of the price is the exterior window cleaning, wall spot cleaning or blinds dusting/cleaning.
Keep all receipts for any cleaning that you do or pay for as you will need to show them to your landlord or managing agency.
What is Included in the End of Tenancy Cleaning?
Generally, the End of tenancy cleaning service is a deep throughout cleaning of every nook of the property. For perfect result, the property should be empty of personal belongings, which means that the cleaning must be performed after you have moved out already.
Here it is a list of some of the routines included in the tenancy cleaning:
- Professional cleaning of the kitchen – sanitising all appliances inside and out; cupboards, doors, skirting boards, radiators; switches, sockets, and lamps too;
- Deep cleaning of the bathroom – de-scaling of all taps, showers, toilet bowls; all tiles, bathtubs/shower cubicles, sinks, inside windows /including frames and sills/, radiators;
- Throughout cleaning of bedrooms/living rooms – furniture, cupboards inside and out, doors, skirting boards; switches, sockets, and lamps;
- General living areas – hoovering and washing of the floors; moving around small furniture and items and cleaning behind or underneath them; vacuuming and wiping of soft furniture; reachable interior windows (including frames and sill)
How Long a Move out Cleaning Can Take
Basically, the end of tenancy cleaning is a time and energy consuming service. A move out cleaning of a full-size house takes approximately few hours and all depends on the size and condition of the property. Pay special attention to the quote that you receive and what is included in the final price. You might end up with paying extra money for cleaning the appliances or windows, for example, as all companies calculate the price differently. The end of tenancy cleaning, Mega Cleaning offers is not limited to time and our team will stay as long as needed to complete the service and leave your place spotless.
Difference between the End of Tenancy Cleaning and One-off Cleaning MegaCleaning is Offering
The main difference is that the end of tenancy cleaning service is much more than an overpriced deep cleaning because it features more things. For example, Mega Cleaning is giving a 48-hour guarantee for your move out cleaning. Which is perfect if your landlord is really picky or anything else goes wrong, this guarantee covers a full free re-clean of the property. Besides, you get a free oven cleaning in a dip tank as part of the service, internal window cleaning, as well as professional carpet cleaning with 40% OFF – something you are unable to get when you order one-off cleaning. Not to mention that the teams are following an approved checklist from the leading managing agencies and they know all small secrets that can potentially eat your deposit.
- We guarantee the check-out cleaning service for 48 hours to ensure getting your full deposit
- Free re-clean if by any chance there is a missed area after the check-out report
- Free oven cleaning with your move in/move out cleaning
- Polishing of all reachable windows from the inside
- EOT is not limited in time and One-off is an hourly rate service
- Following an approved checklist from leading on the market letting agencies
- 40% OFF when booking Carpets and Upholstery cleaning together with your tenancy cleaning
You won’t get that with deep cleaning and you may, in fact, end up paying twice for a cleaning that you could have had done well the first time. It is better not to risk your deposit for nothing as probably is quite an amount.
Find out what is in common between the Move out Cleaning and the Deep One-off Cleaning Mega Cleaning provides
You will definitely get a high-quality cleaning service whatever you book as our cleaners are well trained and with years of experience. For any of the cleaning services we perform in London, we use only proven professional cleaning equipment and detergents. In addition, we do offer free non-obligational quotes and also free viewing of a property which is quite big or not kept in a good state.
- Reliable, well-trained and experienced cleaners;
- Top notch professional equipment and eco-friendly cleaning solutions
- Attention to details;
- Free quotes, no hidden charges
- Affordable prices
- Flexible working hours, even on weekends and bank holiday without extra cost
End of Tenancy Cleaning Organised by Your Landlord
Having an end of tenancy cleaning is vital for winning your deposit back. However, your landlord can hire a professional cleaning company instead of you to perform the end of tenancy cleaning. As a result, he/she will deduct the amount from your deposit. This actually doesn’t work in your favour, as your landlord would rather hire a high-quality professional cleaning service than a regular/domestic one off clean. Have in mind that he/she cannot charge you more than the actual price for the service. For this reason, always ask for the receipt as a proof of the professional cleaning service performed at your residence.
If you decide to clean yourself, make sure you have the check in inventory handy and follow the checklist in order not to miss a thing. Otherwise, your deposit might not be returned in full.
End of Tenancy Cleaning Checklist
Most important for the move out clean is that all areas are attended and the whole property is cleaned top to bottom. Here it is a checklist you can follow.
Professional cleaning of the kitchen
- sanitising of all cupboards in and out
- de-greasing the kitchen tops
- sink and taps sanitised
- cleaning wall tiles
- cleaning all appliances inside and out with special attention of the oven;
- degreasing and sanitising the extractor fan
- dusting and wiping all doors with the frames and handles
- cleaning skirting boards;
- wiping radiators;
- cleaning switches, sockets, and lamps;
- dusting picture frames
- polishing glass surfaces
- polishing windows from the inside together with the sills, frames and handles
- cleaning cobwebs
- vacuuming and washing the floors with relevant detergent
Deep cleaning of the bathroom checklist
- Disinfecting and de-scaling of wall tiles
- De-scaling of all taps, shower, shower screen, toilet bowls;
- De-liming of all bathtubs/shower cubicles, sinks,
- Polishing indoor windows including frames, sills and handles
- Dusting off radiators;
- Sanitising doors together with the frames and handles
- Cleaning all bathroom cabinets in and out
- Polishing all shelves – soap dispenser and toothbrush glass
- Polishing of all glass and chrome parts
- Washing and disinfecting and the floor
Checklist for throughout cleaning of bedrooms
- Cleaning the beds and bed frames
- Polishing any wooden, glass or metal surfaces
- Cleaning the wardrobes, drawers or cupboards in and out
- Wiping off the sockets, switches and lamps
- Cleaning the skirting boards, doors, door frames and handles
- Polishing the indoor windows
- Vacuuming the mattress
- Vacuuming the carpets or washing and sanitising the floor
Deep cleaning of the living rooms
- Cleaning all the furniture
- Wiping cupboards and drawers inside and out,
- Wiping off the doors, door frames and handles
- Cleaning the skirting boards,
- Sanitising the switches, sockets, and lamps;
- Hoovering and washing of the floors;
- Moving around small furniture and items and cleaning behind or underneath them;
- Vacuuming and wiping of soft furniture;
- Cleaning all the reachable interior windows including frames, sills and handles
Staircases and Hallways
- Dusting off and cleaning the handrails
- Vacuuming and washing the floor
Mega Cleaning is here to offer you a thorough and comprehensive End of tenancy cleaning in London at prices everyone can afford. We have the know-how just tell us when you need the tenancy cleaning and the service will be completed promptly and efficiently. Actually, our end of tenancy cleaners are with a quite flexible schedule and can arrive at your convenience, even during the weekend or bank holidays. Call us today on 020 3637 7737!